Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Halfway to the Grave ~ Review

Title: Halfway to the Grave
Author: 
Publication Date: October 30, 2007
Pages: 358
Genre: Paranormal, Romance, Adult

Rating: 5 stars

Summary: Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father - the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.
In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner - are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her newfound status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.

Wow. I need Bones in my life ASAP. He's a dead ringer (hah!) for Spike off of BtVS, but just much more mmmmmmf. 
I read this in one night. Ill-advised when you're supposed to work the next morning, but really, it couldn't be helped. I was head over heels drawn into this book. Not only did I read this in one night, but I caught a few zzz's, went to work, and then read this book again. Pretty much right after finishing it. IT WAS THAT GOOD! 

Cat isn't a normal girl. Being half-dead does that to a person. Cat is easily one of my favorite heroines, despite some of the actions she takes. She's strong despite everything that she has gone through, and everything she faces within this novel. As for Bones, well, I think I made myself clear on that particular vampire.

I will admit that the supporting characters are not very, well, supporting. They're intentions, demeanor, they're lives seemed insignificant. Even recalling the bad guy in this is a little difficult. Probably because I was so wrapped in the dynamic that is Cat and Bones. Yet I'm still perfectly okay with this. Must've been a great dynamic. ;)
If you want something light, enjoyable, and totally addictive then I highly recommend Halfway to the Grave.

No comments:

Post a Comment