Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Millionaire Affair ~ Review

Title: The Millionaire Affair
Author: Jessica Lemmon
Publication Date: June 24, 2014
Pages: 336
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Fiction

Rating: 3.5 stars

Summary: LOVE IS A DEAL BREAKER . . .  
Millionaire ad executive Landon Downey has a policy: no romantic relationships allowed. So when he's saddled with his six-year-old nephew for a week, he doesn't think twice about asking Kimber Reynolds to act as live-in nanny. What he doesn't expect is the undeniable attraction to the woman he hasn't seen since they were kids. And not only does she like him back-she suggests they work their way down a list of extracurricular activities in the bedroom. How can he resist?  
Kimber wants to prove once and for all that she can love 'em and leave 'em with the best of them. All she has to do is keep her sixteen-year crush on Landon out of the equation. No problem . . . until she realizes she may not be the only one whose heart has gotten completely tangled up in their no-strings agreement.

This was a really fast read, simple and pleasant. I will admit that I am not a fan of the cover. I don't know what it is about the color scheme of black and yellow, maybe it reminds me too much of bumblebees, but I am just not a fan.

However, I really liked the uniqueness of the characters names. And not just the MCs, but all the characters had pretty creative names. Now did that take away some of the credibility? Absolutely, but that doesn't mean I can't like it. 

Now I seem to be having some really weird luck lately with book series. I'm always reading them out of order! This is book #3 in Lemmon's Love in the Balance series. I guess in typical romance fashion, it doesn't really matter if you read the first or even the second book beforehand. I understood pretty much the entire novel, and while some secondary characters floated in and out so fast I almost got whiplash, I think those characters were for the benefit of readers who actually started at the beginning. Cha-grin. 
Pun.

In regards to Kimber and Landon, they were okay. I guess. I wanted to feel more regarding their feelings. I wanted the feels! But it was almost as if every time one of them came close to really opening up, then either the POV would shift or something would happen and spoil the mood. (Like the cliché little kid breaking up an intimate moment because of a bad dream, or whatever. Like that's never been done.) But hey, who am I to judge. 
That's going to stay rhetorical...

As far as steamy scenes go, I've read better. But everyone's tastes vary, so maybe the fact that Landon and Kimber's supposedly raunchy list felt chaste, well, maybe that's just me.


Provided by the publisher via NetGalley for an honest review. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment