Friday, January 2, 2015

Endless Knight ~ Review

Title: Endless Knight
Author: Kresley Cole
Publication Date: October 1, 2013
Pages: 320
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian, Fantasy

Rating: 4.5 stars

Summary: Shocking secrets.
Evie has fully come into her powers as the Tarot Empress, and Jack was there to see it all. She now knows that the teens who’ve been reincarnated as the Tarot are in the throes of an epic battle. It’s kill or be killed, and the future of mankind hangs in the balance.
Unexpected allies.  
With threats lurking around every corner, Evie is forced to trust her newfound alliance. Together they must fight not only other Arcana, but also Bagmen zombies, post-apocalyptic storms, and cannibals.
Gut-wrenching treachery.  
When Evie meets Death, things get even more complicated. Though falling for Jack, she’s drawn to the dangerous Endless Knight as well. Somehow the Empress and Death share a history, one that Evie can’t remember—but Death can’t forget…


Oh man, oh man. How to even begin with this one How Kresley Cole managed to pull this one off is just beyond me. A love triangle that I actually enjoy?! 

Better yet, a love triangle where I don't know who I want the MC to end up with?!


Aric, a.k.a Death, takes center stage in the second installment of the Arcana series, and I am over the moon in bliss. (well, you know, I was until I read the last page Cliff-fricking-hanger!)


But then what about Jackson? Unfortunately, there is very little about ole Jack. I may be going through withdrawals. But there is one very important question that readers need to ask themselves before reading the next book, Dead of Winter. (due out in a few weeks, might I add!!!!)

Team Jack or Team Aric?




Ah yes, I knew I liked you for a reason wise, taco shell girl. There is just one small problem with this scenario.

We're in a YA fictional novel. Dammit.

So obviously that fantasy of mine will never come to light. -le sigh-

Welp, nothing like rereading until the next book comes out right? Right.

I must admit that I was a bit peeved at Jackson for the little time we did have with him. I mean, come on man, stop invading Evie's privacy!! Some thoughts should remain private! Evie recounted her entire story into Arthur's (The Hermit) recorder. Well guess who naturally snatched that up and listened to it. Yup, Jack. Do you remember everything that Evie said about Jackson? Well, I didn't. So naturally I reread the first book and whoaaa, buddy! There are quite a few things that Evie should really be mortified over.

Pair that with the shocking revelations about Jack (which come from Death! Whaaat?!) and there is a fine heated argument due for the tarot-crossed lovers. Unfortunately, I doubt that this exchange will ever take place thanks to the cliffhanger Kresley leaves us with. (Thanks for that btw. -pouts-)

I wish I could have a much more coherent thought process about Endless Knight. I feel like I am all over the place. But that's how I am feeling!

P.S. Kresley Cole, this is probably not an important literary question about Endless Knight, but it is so very important that it's answered in some way. If Evie smells like honeysuckle when she's turned on with Jack, then how does she smell to Aric?
I NEED TO KNOW THIS! Thaaaanks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment